Welcome home, wildcats! This blog will serve as an update on events in Ryan Hall and around campus that our women are participating in. Check back each week for a new post!
Week of October 1, 2017
Week of September 24, 2017
- On Monday night Ryan’s hall fellow Brian Collier, a professor of American Studies, came to speak to our women about tips and tricks for upcoming midterms.
- On Wednesday the Spiritual Life Committee began a new weekly tradition — Teaology. Ryan women gathered in AR Sara’s room to drink tea and discuss the upcoming week’s Gospel readings.
- The Wildcat Walking Club held their first meeting of the year on Wednesday afternoon!
- Our service commissioners organized a meal swipe drive and hurricane relief collection in Ryan where residents could donate clothing and nonperishable food items.
Week of September 17, 2017
- Our South Bend Outreach commissioners hosted a visit to the South Bend Farmer’s Market, where Ryan women got to buy plants, fruit, and flowers. Many wildcats rode bikes there and back to stay sustainable!
- On Sunday night we hosted our Big-Little Reveal, where first-years and transfer students were paired up with upperclassmen who will act as a mentor and friend in Ryan.
- The Ryan interhall cross country team had a strong showing for their first race of the year!
- The flag football season got started this week, and our Ryan Hall B Team scored 18 points in their first game! Go cats!
- On Saturday Ryan hosted the first annual Section Olympics where women from each of the six sections in Ryan competed in an afternoon of games including tug-of-war, relay races, knockout, and a water balloon toss. Congratulations to this year’s champions in 2A!
Week of September 10, 2017
- On Sunday night we kicked off Duncan-Ryan week with our brother dorm with Mass in the Duncan Hall chapel. Standing room only!
- On Monday night we joined the men of Duncan for a brother-sister dorm bowling outing!
- At Tuesday’s Hall Council our RAs gave us a sneak peek of the upcoming Section Olympics event by participating in an Oreo-eating minute to win it contest. Shoutout to our champion — 1A RA Brennah!
- The Duncan-Ryan week festivities continued as we hosted the men of Duncan for FJ’s — our weekly hall tradition where Father Joe Carey, C.S.C, Ryan’s priest in residence, opens his kitchen for us to bake and share in community with each other.
- Duncan-Ryan week activities continued with a blood drive held in Duncan during the day on Wednesday.
- Our women’s wellness commissioners hosted the first ever Ryan self-defense class on Thursday night in the 2-4, helping all the women of Ryan to feel empowered and equipped to stay safe wherever they may travel.
- Thursday night in the Ryan 2-4 we hosted a Duncan-Ryan game and karaoke night. Shoutout to our karaoke winner — first-year Elizabeth who sung Irreplaceable by Beyoncé.
- On Friday night Duncan and Ryan held a cookout in the Duncan courtyard.
- RAs Claire and Madeleine hosted a movie night GNI where Ryan women watched She’s the Man and enjoyed a sundae bar!
- We closed out Duncan-Ryan week with a brother-sister game watch during the Boston College game. Go Irish!
Week of September 3, 2017
- On Sunday night our academic commissioner Margaret Berta hosted a Career Fair prep event in the Ryan 2-4, where wildcats were able to learn tips from upperclassmen and members of the Career Center staff, borrow and lend professional clothings, and have resumes reviewed.
- These Ryan women showed their hall spirit on Wildcat Wednesday — a new tradition of wearing Ryan gear each week!
- On Thursday night the men of Duncan Hall hosted Ryan women for a “Thirsty for Culture” night of swing dancing led by members of the Swing Club.
- On Friday night, RAs Isa and Claire hosted a s’mores GNI where wildcats got together to roast marshmallows and share in community!
- A group of Ryan wildcats ran in the Domer Run on Saturday morning before the Georgia game. Go cats, go Irish!
Week of August 27, 2017
- Following an evening of learning about new opportunities on campus at Activities Night on Tuesday, our Ryan Hall first year students opened Hall Council by hitting a piñata. One first year from each section took a swing, and everyone at Hall Council enjoyed the candy!
- A strong team of Ryan women competed in the interhall Tug of War tournament! Father Joe came to cheer on the wildcats!
- Professor of American Studies and Director of the Cushwa Center for Study of American Catholicism Kathleen Sprows Cummings visited Ryan Hall to host a dinner and discussion of the Land O’ Lakes Statement, a document led by Fr. Hesburgh that outlines the new directions for Catholic higher education. Following the discussion, wildcats Claire Kramer and Claire Rudden were invited to ask questions at the panel on behalf of Ryan women!
- Spirit commissioner Colleen Kelly and a group of wildcats cheered on the Irish at the first pep rally of the season on South Quad!
- RAs Brennah and Vanessa hosted a football-themed GNI on Friday night complete with bow-making, pizza, and learning all the Irish cheers before the first game!
Week of August 20, 2017
- Our wonderful Welcome Weekend staff led by captains Fiona and Terese welcomed the Class of 2021 to Ryan Hall. Highlights of Welcome Weekend included a West Quad cookout, ice skating with Duncan, and a bonfire with Stanford.
- Ryan women kicked off the year with the second annual WestFest, a carnival signature event hosted by West Quad dorms out on McGlinn Fields. Ryan women participated in a dunk tank, yard games, a water balloon toss, and a hot dog eating contest.
- On Friday night, RAs Brennah and Isa hosted our first GNI (Girls Night In) of the year — a Ryan Hall spa night!
- A group of Ryan women also attended the Notre Dame Welcome Back Mass and picnic on Bond Quad this Sunday, participating in prayer as a community.