Congratulations! You have completed classes for the Fall 2017 Semester. Now is the time to prepare for Final Exams and to complete all of those papers. Study Days are important to rest and get ready for next week.
Here are some things to make sure that you do during these days.
- It is important to get plenty of sleep. Do not pull all night study. You will be worn out and you may go into a test overly tired. I know someone who decided to lay down for an hour and did not wake up in time for a test. Remember, sleep is essential and keeps you alert.
- Eat balanced meals in order to have energy to focus on study and do well during your test. Remember, food gives you the strength to do your best.
- Exercise every day for an hour. It will help you feel good about yourself as you go into your test. Remember, you can over study and exercise lets you pay attention to your body.
- Be confident! You were accepted to Notre Dame because you have been successful in your studies in high school and your previous academic experience has helped you have confidence in your ability. Remember, you are a talented and gifted woman who can do great things.
- You will only hurt yourself if you compare your grades to those of your friends. You have the ability and you are not in a race with others. Everyone you know wants you to be yourself and that you will feel good about yourself. People generally get unhappy when they think everyone around them is smarter. Remember, comparing yourself to others brings out the worst in you.
- Believe in yourself and know that you are called to become your best self. Remember, you have gifts and talents that make you special.
- Spend some time in prayer. Father Hesburgh said the most important prayer he prayed was this one. “Come Holy Spirit.” It is brief and he prayed it whenever he answered the phone and before every important decision he made. Remember, prayer can enable you to dedicate your tests and work to the Lord.
- Just do your best and everyone who knows and loves you will be proud of you.
Ryan Hall is a special place because we care about each other. Let us be committed to encouraging each other as you go to your tests. When you pray, ask God to be with you and everyone you care about in Ryan and other friends on campus. When we support and love each other, good things happen. Be considerate and kind and know that all will be well.
Know that I will pray for you every day and ask God to help you do your best.